Sunday, November 7, 2010

Why I blame Rush (the Band, not Limbaugh) for the Tea Party.


By Rich Dana



I read an article this summer that the Canadian rock band Rush was filing a lawsuit against Kentucky senatorial candidate and Tea Party love-child Rand Paul. The power trio's lawyers alleged that the Paul campaign's use of their song "Spirit of the Radio" constituted copyright infringement.

"Oh, the irony," I thought. The band, who have openly promoted libertarian philosophy through their music, credited Rand Paul's namesake- polemical sci-fi writer Ayn Rand - for the inspiration of several of their records.....

EDITORS NOTE:
The remainder of this article has been removed temporarily, as Little Village Magazine has chosen to publish it.  Check it out exclusively in the December issue of Little Village....  Thanks Everybody!





1 comment:

  1. When I first read this post, I thought it was just another mindless soul trashing RUSH because of their progressive, hard-rocking music, and how deep, intellectual, and nerdy they are. Thank god I kept reading. This is a great post. I'm only 14 years old, so I only can honestly experience the RUSH in 2010, and it intrigues me that (as listed about the economy, Middle East, and war), nothing was all that different in the '70s. RUSH still speaks to us, 40 years later. (Still ticks me of the the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame won't stick their heads out of their butts and induct these living legends already!!!)

    ReplyDelete